6.11.2014

My Road to Health and Fitness

Health and fitness have not always been a highlight of my lifestyle. I grew up with a low self image and I worried about being "skinny" constantly. I wanted to be accepted and I believed that in order for that to happen I needed to look a certain way. Through high school and college I obsessed about it and I did just about every thing you can think of to try and lose weight, get skinny, and reach that ideal body type to be accepted.

Fast forward to 4 years ago when I might an amazing guy who changed my life. He is now my husband and I couldn't be luckier. I learned a lot from his view of who I was and I started to accept my body. I had my son, Kamden Wade, 15 months after being married to that wonderful man. Although this was a highlight of my life, shortly after I struggled with postpartum depression and the realization that my body was very different and that it wasn't going to return to a normal state overnight.

The postpartum depression slowly faded and I was able to lose a good deal of my baby weight. When Kamden was short of a year old we found out I was pregnant with our little girl, Kaliana Brooklyn. I was exercising at a local gym 4-5 days a week throughout most of my pregnancy but I still gained more weight than I would have liked. I was a little more prepared this time around that I might deal with the postpartum depression but that doesn't make it any easier when it does creep into your life.

I was exhausted, depressed, and unhappy. I wasn't sleeping well even though my sweet baby girl was...I struggled with the postpartum depression...I had no energy...and I just didn't feel good. 

In October of 2013 I decided to start something for myself. I found an escape through health and fitness. I started eating clean, drinking Shakeology, working out with Beachbody programs, and participating in an online fitness challenge group.  The next 4 months I lost close to 15 lbs. and over 18 inches on my body. I became an energetic person...I slept like a baby...I found confidence in myself and my abilities...and my depression faded much more quickly as I began to take care of myself.

Transformation from October 2013 to February 2014

In December 2013 I became a Beachbody coach so that I could run my own online fitness challenge groups to help inspire others and help them find a confidence and belief in their bodies. I love having the opportunity to run these group and share with others the amazing products that helped me change my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment