8.13.2014

A Typical Day of Clean Eating

And, here it is! A typical day of clean eating for me! 

I usually eat 5-6 small meals a day! That is one of the basics of clean eating and it is essential to keep your metabolism going and your body fueled. It is perfectly normal to be hungry every 2-3 hours! That's a good thing! So, here are my 5 small meals today! 


Meal #1: A hashed potato with shredded zucchini and sliced peppers along with two poached eggs.

Meal #2: The healthiest meal of the day! My Shakeology! There is no way for me to pack in all the super foods it contains even in a day without drinking this. Natural, whole foods, ground up to deliver your body optimum nutrition it won't otherwise get. I go a day without it and my body is low on energy, digestion is slowed, and I just don't feel as good. It's a non negotiable in my day, EVERY day! Lately I have just been drinking it with water and ice in a shaker cup. Every once in a while I'll add some pure orange juice or watermelon juice in there too! I used to do my shakes in the blender with fruit, ice, spinach, and/or sometimes peanut butter but Strawberry shaken with water and ice is just what I'm into right now! Simple!

Meal #3: Crock-pot chicken with mixed veggies and watermelon. I meal prep my meat, veggies, and fruit on Sunday nights so I have enough for the whole week and that makes meals super quick for all of us! I like quick!

Meal #4: A sliced apple with natural peanut butter and some baby carrots (not pictured).

Meal #5: Clean Lasagna with sliced cucumbers. I use either lean ground turkey or lean ground beef with a can of organic tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with some water and spices for the sauce. The noodles are whole grain and I use a mixture of skim ricotta or cottage cheese with spices for the cheese. Layer it or mix it all together and sprinkle some mozzarella on top.

Meal prep at the beginning of the week saves me so much time. This past Sunday I cooked up our chicken in the crock pot, browned lean ground beef and lean ground turkey, shredded zucchini, sliced peppers, cut watermelon, and cooked veggies. It makes eating clean much easier to have my meal plan and food prepped and ready so I don't waste time thinking on what I'm going to eat and then give into temptation of something from a box or a package that is highly processed. Nathan can pack his lunches in a flash and he has a bag of Shakeology at work so he can have one of those meals on a quick break instead of some vending machine cookies or chips.

And, just a quick note! When you are eating healthy foods you don't need to feel starved. I am completely satisfied and I don't have to workout for hours a day to still lose weight or get fit. Most days my workouts are between 25-50 minutes.

There you have it! I will also be adding recipes and meal tips to the tab at the top of the page so follow the blog and check them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment