7.02.2014

PiYo: Days 1-2

I decided to start PiYo yesterday on a Tuesday but just double up on today's workouts to catch up. It worked better for me to start on the first of the month so I did. I love that I can start on my own time! :-) I have a challenge group starting up on Monday, July 7th so I wanted to be a week ahead so I could experience and know what to expect to help my challengers!

I got my Week 1 Meal Plan all figured out and I'm ready to finish out this week strong! The nutrition plan with Piyo is very similar to the 21 Day Fix without the containers and some of the foods that are allowed in the categories vary but it makes things very simple to follow! After you calculate your calorie intake you are put in a certain tier where you are allowed a certain number of serving from each category.

I am in Tier 1, which allows 1,200-1,399 calories. The thing I love about this program and many of the other nutrition guides with Beachbody program is you don't have to count calories. If you follow the food list and serving guide you should be falling in that calorie range. It's perfect because I LOATHE COUNTING CALORIES! I know I'm not the only one! ;-)

In my tier I am allowed 4 Lean Protein, 4 Primary Vegetables, 3 Healthy Fats, 2 Secondary Vegetables/Grains, and 2 Fresh Fruit.

Here is my Week 1 Meal Plan for a great example on how to balance those categories out:



It's so nice to have these meals all planned out because I can prep them for the whole week and spend hardly any time in the kitchen! Yay! All I need to do is check out what I have planned for that meal and then follow the serving size in the book and go for it!

Day 1 workout, Align: The Fundamentals was a good review to help get oriented to the different moves being used and how to do them correctly!

Day 2 (yesterday), nutrition wise, for me went pretty good but not as well as I had hoped because my day exploded and got busier than I anticipated. I wasn't completely prepared with my meals prepped and so dinner ended up being off and I didn't get all my snacks in. I am committed to getting some of my meals prepped today and following the meal plan today!

Today is double workouts to catch up and this morning I got in Define: Lower Body. I definitely felt things working but I didn't have to jump and run like crazy to get a good workout. Perfect and refreshing! Tonight I am going to be doing Define: Upper Body and I will let you know how that goes tomorrow since it is considered part of Day 3 and I'm only reviewing the first two days right now!

Sorry, I have no music for the video today. It's boring without any but I'll have some going for the next one! :-)

I am really excited for this journey and for my group to start on Monday so we can experience this awesome program and rally together to start it out strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment