8.18.2014

Clean Eating Granola

I am a total cereal fanatic but most cereals these days are FULL of refined flours and sugars. They just don't fit the bill when it comes to clean eating. My kids inherited that love for cereal and it just so happens I married a husband who loves it too!

So, I was in a quandry about getting my cereal fix in but sticking to my clean eating lifestyle I have adapted. This brought me to granola, which is just like cereal but probably better! I've tried a few different recipes and made my own in the process that we have been devouring lately! :-)

I love just eating mine with some skim milk. You might like yours with some greek yogurt. Whatever way you eat it, it's delicious!




Clean Eating Granola

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 1-2 Tbsp. chia seed, ground flax, or flaxseed
  • Raisins or cranberries as desired

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. 

In a large bowl whisk together applesauce, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, and almond extract. Add oats and chia and mix well. 

Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.

Immediately add raisins and stir after coming out of the oven. Store in an airtight container and serve as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment