9.01.2014

Clean Pumpkin Pancakes

Fall is right around the corner and that means pumpkin EVERYTHING! :-)

I kept seeing recipes for pumpkin pancakes and I NEEDED some ASAP! So, I decided to find a good, healthy recipe I could enjoy without killing my efforts for the PiYo Casting Call! And, out of that came this lovely, beautiful recipe for pumpkin pancakes. I found the original recipe here and just adapted it slightly. The credit definitely goes to Skinny Taste though for making these delightful pancakes possible! I only altered them slightly.


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup buttermilk (milk and vinegar/lemon juice mixture will work just fine)
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
  • 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut or olive oil

Directions:

Mix all wet ingredients together in Vitamix. Add dry ingredients and blend in Vitamix until well blended. Make sure to scrape the sides if any flour sticks to sides and mix again.

Top with berries or pure maple syrup and if you are feeling really adventerous it would be delicious with a little low fat whipping cream! ;-)

Enjoy to your heart's delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment